2 Day Adult Mental Health First Aid Course
Would you like to learn more about how you can support other adults with their mental health and wellbeing? Mid Kent Mind's Adult Mental Health First Aid training provides you with the opportunity to learn more about the proactive steps you can take to support the mental health of those around you.
Upon completion of this two-day course, you will become a certified Mental Health First Aider and will receive access to ongoing benefits, including resources, learning and 24/7 digital support through the MHFAider Support App.
As an MHFAider® you will be able to:
- Recognise those that may be experiencing poor mental health and provide them with first-level support and early intervention
- Encourage a person to identify and access sources of professional help and other supports
- Practise active listening and empathy
- Have a conversation with improved mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Discuss the MHFAider® role in depth, including boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care
- Know how to use the MHFAider Support App®
- Know how to access a dedicated text service provided by Shout and ongoing learning opportunities with MHFA England
This course provides plenty of resources which you can take away with you, including:
- A hard copy workbook to support your learning throughout the course
- A digital manual to refer to whenever you need it after completing the course
- A wallet-sized reference card with the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A digital MHFAider® certificate
- Access to the MHFAider Support App® for three years
- Access to ongoing learning opportunities, resources, and exclusive events
- The opportunity to be part of the largest MHFAider® community in England
MHFA England value this course at £300 per person, however we are pleased to be able to offer places at the reduced price of £99 per person.