Goat's Cheese & Cherry Salad
Pit the cherries so that they can macerate
Put the cherries into a bowl with the brandy, 2 tsp of the balsamic vinegar, 4tbsp of the olive oil and the lemon juice. Stir & leave for 30 minutes to two hours.
To make the gremolata, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan until they are golden. Tip onto a chopping board & leave to cool.
Add the lemon zest, garlic and basil to the almonds & chop finely with a sharp knife.
For the salad, toss the goat's cheese with the leaves, 1 tbsp of the balsamic vinegar & 3 tbsp of the olive oil. Season to taste.
Add the gremolata and serve immediately.
Available in store
- 400g cherries
- 1 tbsp brandy or grappa
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 40g blanched almonds
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove (very finely chopped)
- 12 basil leaves
- 150g goat's cheese (crumbled)
- 125g lamb's lettuce or baby spinach
- Salt & pepper