The safety of the Macknade community is our number one priority and we want to make sure that everyone shopping, eating and working with us feels comfortable to do so. With this in mind, we wanted to share with you the steps we are taking to ensure our stores remain safe…
- We are operating a maximum number of customers at both locations to allow our team and customers to observe social distancing. We have created a queue system outside both sites to manage this and we ask that you pay close attention to any signage.
- As well as our customers, all of our staff are asked to wear face coverings on our shop floor, in our café and at Elwick Place.
- All of our staff have access to hand washing facilities and are encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly and often.
- We have hand sanitiser readily available across our buildings, at our entrances and in our food service areas. This is freely available for anyone to use.
- We have guides on the floor to ensure everyone is aware of their space, especially when queuing and shopping from our counters.
- All trollies and baskets are disinfected after each use.
- We are currently operating a reduced number of tills to allow staff to maintain a safe distance between one another.
- We have re-arranged the layout at both locations to ensure you have a seamless & safe shopping experience.
- We encourage you to use a credit or debit card and contactless wherever possible.
- All staff have been given the opportunity to wear gloves.
- We have daily COVID-19 briefings to ensure our team remain vigilant, even as restrictions lift.
- We are constantly assessing government guidance, as well as working with several key partners in Kent share best practice, including Produced in Kent, Visit Kent, Locate in Kent, the Chamber of Commerce and the Federation of Small Businesses.
Food Service Areas
All of our food service teams are trained in best practice for cleaning & hygiene to reduce the risk of virus transfer. This means we are cleaning more often throughout the day, and, as you would expect, frequent touch points and toilets are our top priority. All tables & chairs will be cleaned thoroughly between guests, so please be patient whilst our teams complete these tasks.
We are limiting the number of seats in each of our spaces to allow for adequate social distancing and for our team to serve guests safely. We ask all guests to supply their contact details for NHS Track & Trace via the QR system on entry, or on a written form, which will be stored securely in case we are alerted of anyone developing symptoms who visited at the same time.
Please read carefully for details of how our food service operations are changing at each of our locations…
- Our new opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm and Sunday 9am to 4pm
- Please queue via our main entrance and let our host know if you wish to visit the café.
- We are operating a reduced menu of old favourites (scrambled eggs & serrano anyone?!) and new dishes, so our kitchen team are able to fully respect social distancing.
- We will offer table service only to avoid unnecessary queuing.
- Menus will be displayed on blackboards around the room and on the tables – the latter of which are disposable.
- Trolleys will not be allowed in the café. Please shop before or after dining with us and take your shopping to the car.
- Our new opening hours are Monday to Sunday 9am – 4pm for coffee, light lunches & wood-fired pizza – and on Friday only until 7.30pm (including our Food Village)
- Our call & collect menu can be found here, which is available to order during the times stated above. Please call 01795 534497 or WhatsApp 07825 513471 to place an order for collection.
- Socially distanced tables are available for guests to eat outside. Food & drink is also available for takeaway.
- We are operating a bar service on the Deck, so please queue to place your order and observe the floor markings at all times. Your name will be called when your food/drink is ready.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome.
- Our new opening hours are Monday to Wednesday 9am to 5pm, Thursdays from 9am to 7pm, Friday & Saturday 9am to 9pm and Sundays 9am to 5pm.
- Please join the main queue if you wish to dine with us.
- Indoor & outdoor seating are both available with table service. Please do not order from our counters unless you are making retail purchases.
- Menus are displayed on blackboards behind our counters and on laminated menus at the tables. As with the table & chairs, these are fully sanitised between guests.
- Well-behaved dogs are welcome.
- We have instigated a full delivery & collections service for anyone who continues to self-isolate or would prefer not to visit. Orders can be placed via our website here.
- Our delivery drivers have sanitiser, masks and gloves on every vehicle.
- Deliveries & collections are both contactless. Our delivery drivers will leave all produce in a safe place, which we will agree with you over the phone.
What We Need From You
Please act responsibly and keep your distance from other customers and our team whilst shopping and dining with us.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms (persistent cough, fever or a loss of smell/taste), or have come into close contact with someone displaying these symptoms, please refrain from visiting us and utilise our delivery service instead.
We are open to any recommendations about how we can improve these measures, so do speak with a member of our team or give us a call on 01795 534497 to share your feedback.
Thank you for your ongoing support!