We are seeking a talented Head Chef to lead our kitchen team in delivering a menu of fantastic dishes that let our ingredients shine, showcasing the finest quality produce from our suppliers in Kent & beyond.
This is a key position and you will be working closely with the Food and Beverage Manager, who you will report into. You will need to be passionate and have the drive to make this role hugely successful. Preferably you will have first-hand knowledge and an interest in working with high quality food and drinks, bringing your experience into our new food destination.
The role will include all aspects of the day to day running of a successful food business as detailed below. There will also be a requirement to help in other areas across the Macknade Group as necessary:
- To lead the kitchen team whilst ensuring a fantastic Macknade experience for our customers and the highest quality food
- To ensure an outstanding food product and to lead the kitchen team to do the same
- To be the go-to person and flag bearer for all team members
- To own the development and preparation of a menu showcasing the variety of produce for which we are known
- To oversee the running of the kitchen, ensuring stock is maintained at sufficient levels to ensure a smooth service period daily
- To work closely with all departments across Macknade to optimize the use of products and keep wastage to a minimum
- To control the ordering/purchasing of ingredients and other kitchen related stock in line with budget
- To manage the day to day operation of the kitchen, implementing new and efficient ways of working where necessary
- To line manage all members of the kitchen team
- To be accountable for the development and implementation of kitchen HACCP procedures and ensure these are carried out, monitored and recorded correctly throughout the kitchen to maintain a 5-star food hygiene rating.
- To lead in and ensure the Macknade vision, ethos and values are at the heart of the customer experience at every point within the business
- To participate in our staff support and development scheme and to undertake training based on individual and operational needs
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
Hours of work will vary with the job depending on where the emphasis of the role is on each day.
The post holder will be expected to manage their own rota and the rota of their team.
Holiday is pro rata with a full-time rate of 28 days.
We work hard to make life at Macknade the best it can be for all our team, with great perks that include staff discounts, free lunches and best of all, the opportunity to learn, thrive & grow in your career.
Join the Macknade community today!