Our floristry department creates beautifully wild, seasonal arrangements, focusing on high quality stems that please the senses. Alongside exciting floral arrangements, we also offer a wide range of dried stems and indoor plants.
We are looking for a talented florist to join our team and support our Floristry Manager in all aspects of the day-to-day operation.
The successful candidate will be reliable, dynamic and enthusiastic with a creative flair for floral design. Great communication skills and the ability to build good rapport with our customers is a must, as is a minimum level three floristry qualification.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To provide excellent service to our customers, engaging with them throughout their Macknade experience
- To prepare a variety of items such as hand-ties, flat bouquets, flower arrangements and occasion arrangements with creative flair.
- To understand and be confident in shop floor floristry, including pricing and quick hand ties.
- To create arrangements for special occasions such as corporate events, weddings and funerals.
- To participate in press and marketing events.
- To ensure all counter presentation is of a high standard.
- To take a genuine interest in the products we sell within our spaces, proactively learning every day and sharing this knowledge with team members & customers.
- To accurately process customer transactions at the point of sale.
- To participate in staff meetings and undertake training based on individual and operational needs.
- To comply with legislative requirements, company policies and guidelines in respect to health & safety and data protection.
- To ensure the Macknade vision, ethos and values are at the heart of the customer experience at every touchpoint.
- To demonstrate positive personal and professional behaviour as specified in the Staff Code of Conduct.
- To actively take part in our performance management processes and to undertake appropriate training and development activities as required.
- To comply with all relevant Macknade policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Health and Safety guidelines are followed and that all the appropriate PPE clothing and equipment provided is worn and used when required.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
Hours of work will vary with the job depending on where the emphasis of the role is on each day. Holiday is pro rata with a full-time rate of 28 days.