Digital Marketing Executive
Macknade creates spaces and experiences that bring communities together around a shared love of food & drink. Encompassing retail, hospitality, events, food service and farming, the Macknade brand has been synonymous with quality and community since 1847. With strong roots in the garden of England and the island of Ischia in Italy, we are on a mission to bring producers, suppliers and consumers closer together in true community spirit.
As we look to the future, and a growing number of sites and platforms, we are recruiting for a Digital Marketing Executive to take ownership of our digital strategy, delivering footfall to our physical sites and driving sales for e-commerce.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience managing digital marketing campaigns, with a broad remit across paid media, organic social, SEO and email marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To oversee Macknade’s digital marketing strategies
- To utilise paid advertising to drive sales & conversions including hands-on management of online advertising campaigns
- To manage Macknade’s social media strategy & related activities, working together with site GMs to ensure excellent customer experience & complaint
- To ensure the website is fully-optimised and SEO activities are completed, focussing on product listings, categories & landing pages for campaigns
- To oversee all email marketing campaigns (growing the database, executing all campaigns & reporting on their success)
- To identify opportunities & make recommendations on website performance, CRO and UX
- To ensure our online product inventory is developed to agreed targets & themes, led by the Marketing Director
- To support the PR & Comms Officer in producing quality content that adheres to our brand playbook and improves organic SEO
- To analyse core data & metrics to track performance of all online activity and report on its success
- To manage external agencies and third-party partners where appropriate
- To advise on new digital initiatives and media to continually improve performance
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience in e-commerce websites and content management systems – ideally Shopify Advanced
- Experience across all online advertising platforms including Adwords, Google Shopping and Paid Social
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge of SEO and the ability to create keyword led content that engages audiences at every level
- Experience in creating a social media strategy and managing multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn
- Basic video editing skills
- Experience in Google Analytics
- Experience working with email marketing platforms – ideally Klaviyo
- Three or more years’ experience in a similar digital marketing role – agency or client side
- Detailed knowledge of the premium food & drink market
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with a qualification in a marketing discipline
- Evidence of continued education and training
- An outstanding communicator, both written & verbal
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
Hours of work will vary with the job depending on where the emphasis of the role is on each day. Holiday is pro rata with a full-time rate of 28 days.