Ashford & Faversham
This role is suitable for someone with a demonstratable love of food and a passion to work within a creative and inspirational kitchen. The successful candidate will be looking to learn new skills and develop themselves further. Previous kitchen experience is essential to be able to support the team as the business evolves.
The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the Head Chef and kitchen team, ensuring a fantastic Macknade experience for our customers whilst producing the highest quality food.
The role will include all aspects of the day to day operation of a successful food business as detailed below. There will also be a requirement to help in other areas across the Macknade Group as necessary.
Preparation and delivery of menus showcasing the variety of produce for which we are known, with the support of the Head Chef
- Ensuring stock and preparation is maintained at sufficient levels to guarantee a smooth service period daily.
- With the support of the Head Chef, follow and deliver the day to day operation of the kitchen.
- Maintain the kitchen HACCP procedures and ensure these are carried out, monitored and recorded correctly throughout the kitchen to maintain a 5 star food hygiene rating.
- Ensure the Macknade vision, ethos and values are at the heart of the customer experience at every point within the business.
- To participate in the staff support and development scheme and to undertake training based on individual and operational needs.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
Hours of work will vary with the job depending on where the emphasis of the role is on each day.
Holiday is pro rata with a full-time rate of 28 days.