The safety of the Macknade community is our number one priority and we want to make sure that everyone shopping and working with us feels comfortable to do so. With this in mind, we wanted to share with you the steps we are taking to ensure our stores remain safe…
What We're Doing
- We are operating a maximum number of customers in the shop to allow our team and customers to observe social distancing. We have created a queue system outside to manage this and we have created a pathway under the trees at our Faversham Food Hall to create shade on days when the sun is shining. You are also welcome to queue from the car when it is raining.
- All of our staff have access to hand washing facilities and are encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly and often.
- We have hand sanitiser readily available across our buildings, which is also required upon entry.
- We have guides on the floor to ensure everyone is aware of their space, especially when queuing and shopping from our counters.
- All trollies and baskets are disinfected after each use.
- We are currently operating a reduced number of tills to allow staff to maintain a safe distance between one another.
- We have re-arranged the layout to ensure you have a seamless & safe shopping experience.
- We encourage you to use a credit or debit card at the tills and contactless wherever possible.
- All staff have been given the opportunity to wear masks and gloves.
- We have daily COVID-19 briefings to ensure our team remain vigilant, even as restrictions lift.
- We are constantly assessing government guidance, as well as working with several key partners in Kent share best practice, including Produced in Kent, Visit Kent, Locate in Kent, the Chamber of Commerce and the Federation of Small Businesses.
- We have instigated a full delivery & collections service for anyone who is self-isolating or would prefer not to visit the shop. Orders can be placed via our website here.
- Our delivery drivers have sanitiser, masks and gloves on every vehicle.
- Deliveries & collections are both contactless. Our delivery drivers will leave all produce in a safe place, which we will agree with you over the phone.
What We Need From You
Please act responsibly and keep your distance from other customers and our team whilst shopping. Please use the floor markers to guide where you stand in the queue and be mindful of customers around you who are still shopping.
We are limiting the number of people in-store at any one time, so we do encourage only one adult per family to shop where possible, especially on the weekends when we are busier.
Of course, it goes without saying that if you have COVID-19 symptoms (persistent cough, fever or a loss of smell/taste), or have come into close contact with someone displaying these symptoms, please refrain from visiting us and utilise our delivery service instead.
We are open to any recommendations about how we can improve these measures, so do speak with a member of our team or give us a call on 01795 534497 to share your feedback.
Thank you for your ongoing support!