The safety of the Macknade community is our number one priority and we want to make sure that everyone shopping, eating and working with us feels comfortable to do so. With this in mind, we wanted to share with you the steps we are taking to ensure our stores remain safe…
- We are operating a maximum number of customers at both locations to allow our team and customers to observe social distancing. We have created a queue system outside both sites to manage this and we ask that you pay close attention to any signage.
- We will continue wearing masks in store and we would encourage you to do the same if possible.
- All our staff have access to hand washing facilities and are encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly and often.
- We have hand sanitiser readily available across our buildings, at our entrances and in our food service areas. This is freely available for anyone to use.
- We have guides on the floor to ensure everyone is aware of their space, especially when queuing and shopping from our counters.
- All trollies and baskets are disinfected after each use.
- We are currently operating a reduced number of tills to allow staff to maintain a safe distance between one another.
- We have re-arranged the layout at both locations to ensure you have a seamless & safe shopping experience.
- We encourage you to use a credit or debit card and contactless wherever possible.
- All staff have been given the opportunity to wear gloves.
- We have daily COVID-19 briefings to ensure our team remain vigilant, even as restrictions lift.
- We are constantly assessing government guidance, as well as working with several key partners in Kent share best practice, including Produced in Kent, Visit Kent, Locate in Kent, the Chamber of Commerce and the Federation of Small Businesses.
Food Service Areas
We are so excited to welcome you all back to eat and drink with us, both indoors and outdoors at our Faversham and Ashford stores. We will be operating table service at all our food service areas and there’s no need to book prior to arrival.
As restrictions have been officially lifted, we can now offer tables seating over 6 people – just ask a member of the team if you would like to put a couple of tables together and we’ll be happy to help.
All of our food service teams are trained in best practice for cleaning & hygiene to reduce the risk of virus transfer and we will continue to operate our regular cleaning routines.
- We have a full delivery & collections service available for anyone who is shielding or would prefer not to visit. Orders can be placed via our website here.
- Our delivery drivers have sanitiser, masks and gloves on every vehicle.
- Deliveries & collections are both contactless. Our delivery drivers will leave all produce in a safe place, which we will agree with you over the phone.
What We Need From You
Please act responsibly and keep your distance from other customers and our team whilst shopping and dining with us.
We will continue to wear masks in store and if you feel you can wear a mask, when shopping with us or moving around the store, please do so.
If you have COVID-19 symptoms (persistent cough, fever or a loss of smell/taste), or have come into close contact with someone displaying these symptoms, please refrain from visiting us and utilise our delivery service instead.
We are open to any recommendations about how we can improve these measures, so do speak with a member of our team or give us a call on 01795 534497 to share your feedback.
Thank you for your ongoing support!