Welcome to Macknade Fine Foods

Macknade Fine Foods

Did you know your Internet Explorer is out of date?

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.

Just click on the icons to get to the download page

If you understand that your browser is inadequate but you still wish to view the site click here

- Macknade Fine Foods
All staff

Roy Campbell

Heading up our butchery counter is Roy Campbell!

Starting as Head Butcher at Macknade is something I have always wanted to do… Being a keen customer for many years, I believe the only piece of the jigsaw missing was a quality meat counter.

I grew up in Lenham village and started my butchery career at 15, as a Saturday boy in the local shop. I left school at 16 to work there full time as an apprentice. I have spent most of my career within the meat industry, four years of which I spent in South Africa, managing the butcheries for a large supermarket chain and ten years running my own successful catering butchers business.

I have lived in Faversham for 18 years with my family: Shiel and my two ever growing teenage sons, Charlie (who has also just joined the team!)and George.

The top five ingredients on my Macknade shopping list are...

Walnut Bread – Great taste and texture with any meat, cheese or preserve

Blacky Ham – So much flavour, dry and not over smoked.

Brie de Meaux – I love cheese, soft and full of flavour,

Red Onion Chutney – A great compliment to any bread and cheese board.

Washed down with a Gadd’s No5 – A full bodied ale, not too bitter and a satisfying conclusion to any meal, happiness.

An interesting fact about myself...

I share my Father’s birthday.

My last meal would be...

Grilled asparagus with béarnaise sauce, slow roasted belly of pork with creamy mash and cabbage followed by sticky toffee pudding.

My food hero is...

Hugh Fernley Whittingstall. I think he opened our eyes again to how we should source our food and respect the importance of animal welfare.

Recipes I want to share...

So many things here as I love to cook, but a lovely dish to warm you up is slow cooked shoulder of lamb, cut in chunks on the bone, with red wine, onion, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper, then about twenty minutes before it’s served, add flageolet beans which soak in all the flavour. Just serve it in a bowl with your favourite fresh bread and a glass of red.

continue shopping

Your Basket

Subtotal
£0.00