Vegan Banana Bread
Our £1 bag competition winner, this recipe is perfect for a guilt-free treat!
30 mins to prepare
Serves 6-8Print Recipe
- 400g ripe bananas
- 240g whole wheat flour
- 150g coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1.5 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Before you get started, preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas with the sugar.
- Add in the coconut oil and spices and mix well.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the banana mixture and fold in.
- Lastly, mix in the sunflower seeds.
- Pour the bread mixture into a greased bread tin and sprinkle the top with some cane sugar.
- Bake for 45 mins - 1 hour. The cake will be cooked through when it springs back to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.