Our take on the traditional tiramisu, using juicy, sticky, Kentish plums from a selection of our favourite suppliers (which are bang in season), Coxy’s Elderflower & Honey liqueur or a lovely Amaretto, lashings of mascarpone, a wallop of double cream, sprinkles of dark chocolate and, ta dah…. PLUMISU!
- One bottle of Coxy’s Elderflower & Honey liqueur or Amaretto
- 500g plums, stone removed and sliced
- 3 tbsps jam (plum if you have it but rhubarb would work nicely too)
- 1 pack Savoiardo biscuits (175g)
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 568ml double cream
- 75ml marsala wine
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
- One Italian lemon, zested
- 25g dark chocolate, grated
- Mix plums with jam and as much lemon zest as you desire and set aside.
- Add cream, mascarpone, sugar and marsala to a large bowl and whisk on medium speed until very thick.
- Pour the Coxy’s liqueur into a bowl and dip each savoiardo finger on both sides until soaked, but not too wet.
- Add a layer of soaked biscuits to a glass dish and proceed to top with plums and then a layer of creamy mixture.
- Add another layer in the same way and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Leave to rest in the fridge - it can be eaten after an hour or, better yet, the next day when everything has had time to soak up and soften.