Chocolate Zucchini Cake
1.5hrs to prepare
Serves 10Print Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup sour milk (add 1 tsp lemon juice to whole milk)
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 4 tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cups courgette (finely diced, not shredded)
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Prepare a 19cm cake tin with margarine & greaseproof paper.
- Set oven to 170C or gas mark 3.
- Cream the butter, oil & sugar together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla & sour milk and continue beating.
- Mix together all dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Beat well.
- Stir in diced zucchini and spoon into your cake tin.
- Sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
- Cover top of cake lightly with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes.