Baked Pumpkin Fondue
This Good Food recipe is a favourite of Macie on our Deli... and is perfect in the run up to Halloween!
1-2hrs to prepare
Serves : However many you need it to!Print Recipe
This recipe from Good Food makes 300ml of fondue, so you can tweak depending on how many people there are!
- 1 whole squash or pumpkin (Choose the size based on how many people you have!)
- Small roasted or boiled potatoes (to serve)
- Crusty bread (to serve)
- Breadsticks (to serve)
- Chicory leaves (to serve)
- 100g emmental (grated)
- 100g Gruyère (grated)
- 100g mature cheddar (grated)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 100g crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees (fan-assisted).
- Prepare your pumpkin as you would for carving... Cut off a lid and scoop out all the seeds and membranes.
- Put the lid back on and sit the whole pumpkin on a sturdy baking tray. Bake until soft (a 1kg pumpkin takes approx 1hr).
- Mix the grated cheeses with the cornflour until completely coated and no excess flour remains.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven, discard the lid and increase the oven to 180 degrees (fan-assisted).
- Layer up the cheese, crème fraîche, white wine, shallot and garlic inside the pumpkin.
- Lift back into the oven and bake for 30mins or until the fondue is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and dig in!