Asparagus & Tomato Quiche
Perfect for National Picnic Week, this quiche is packed with Summer flavours...
1 hr 15 minutes to prepare
Serves 6-8Print Recipe
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 175g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 150g goat's cheese (we like the Fremlin's goat log!)
- Bunch of spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 6 large eggs
- 125ml cream
- 125ml milk
- 50g cheddar cheese (we like Montgomery!)
- Ready made shortcrust pastry (or a shortcrust pastry base if you need to make this quickly!)
- Splash of olive oil
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
- Remove the woody parts of the asparagus and chop the rest into bite-size pieces. Lay on a baking tray & drizzle with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Roast the asparagus until tender (still with bite!). This should take approx. 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 190 degrees.
- Roll out the pastry crust and press into a flan tin.
- Spread the asparagus, tomatoes & onions across the base and layer with the goat's cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, cream, salt & pepper together. Pour over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes until set in the centre.