Asparagus Tart with Whipped Goats Cheese
A simple lunch or supper recipe showcasing our wonderful local asparagus & MightyFine pistachio dukkah.
30 minutes to prepare
Serves 4Print Recipe
- 1x pack ready made puff pastry (thawed)
- 24x Kentish asparagus spears
- 50g Kelly's goat cheese
- 1x Ellie's Dairy goat button
- 100g cream cheese
- 20g pistachio dukkah
- 1x pack pea shoots
- 1x free-range egg
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Maldon salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Prepare the asparagus by cutting to an even length, around 12-14cm. Place in a bowl, toss with olive oil & season generously.
- Roll the puff pastry and cut in to 15x10cm pieces. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment. Prick the pastry with a fork, leaving a 1cm border.
- Place five spears of asparagus on each piece of pastry, then egg wash the border.
- Using a fine grater, top each tart with some of the Kelly's goats cheese. Cook in a hot oven for approximately 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place the goat's button and the cream cheese into a food mixer with 15ml of olive oil. Season with salt & pepper and use the whisk attachment to whip until light and fluffy.
- Shave the remaining asparagus with a vegetable peeler, mix with the pea shoots and dress lightly with olive oil and cider vinegar.
- Once cooked, top the tart with a spoon of the whipped goats cheese, sprinkle with the pistachio dukkah and serve with the asparagus & pea shoot salad.