Asparagus & Chicken Pasta
A fresh way to cook your Kentish asparagus from Dyas Farms, Ramsgate
20 mins to prepare
Serves 4Print Recipe
- 1 bundle Kentish asparagus
- 4-5 chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g smoked pancetta or bacon, cubed
- 3-4 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300g dried spaghetti
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- Trim off the ends of asparagus, then chop the spears into 4-5 pieces.
- Heat the oil and fry the chicken in a hot pan for 4-5 mins.
- Add pancetta, shallots, garlic, chilli and rosemary and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 mins.
- Add asparagus & chopped tomatoes and simmer for 3-4 mins. Season with salt & pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as per packet instructions in boiling salt water. Drain, and add to sauce.
- Serve with a good sprinkling of grated parmesan.