Welcome to Macknade Fine Foods

Macknade Fine Foods

Did you know your Internet Explorer is out of date?

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.

Just click on the icons to get to the download page

If you understand that your browser is inadequate but you still wish to view the site click here

- Macknade Fine Foods
All staff

Mike Teaney

A new addition to the team, Mike heads up our back of house operations!

I moved to Faversham six years ago, having lived most of my life overseas since joining the RAF at 18. My food tastes are so varied, and obviously living in Asia, the Middle East and Europe has introduced me to all kinds of weird and wonderful foods.

I am married with two kids, all of which love their food, so being at Macknade is perfect (especially with my wife’s need for cheese!).

I love sport, whether it is playing/coaching football (Strikeforce in Faversham), or plodding around the Kent countryside.

The top five ingredients on my Macknade shopping list are...

The Baytree Sticky Figgy Chutney – You can’t have cheese without it!

Daelmans Caramel Waffles – I started eating these in Brussels and can’t stop.

Luigi Guffanti Gorgonzola Dolce – Smooth, creamy and not too strong.

Fresh Coriander – I love Asian food and this is the key ingredient for me.

Buffalo Steak Tomato – A good BLT has to have a good tomato.

An interesting fact about myself...

I used to own a hotel in Bali.

My last meal would be...

Thai red curry (my wife’s) and rhubarb crumble (with a good vanilla ice cream!).

My food hero is...

Ottolenghi – He shows what fresh meals can be made with good vegetables, pulses and spice concoctions.

Recipes I want to share...

Cod in parmesan breadcrumbs with sliced spuds, peas and onions in a butter/stock sauce. Great for cold days, the kids love it and you can whack some mint on top for the grown-ups!

continue shopping

Your Basket

Subtotal
£0.00