Welcome to Macknade Fine Foods

Macknade Fine Foods

Did you know your Internet Explorer is out of date?

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.

Just click on the icons to get to the download page

If you understand that your browser is inadequate but you still wish to view the site click here

- Macknade Fine Foods
All staff

Inneke Winnett

Inneke is a jack of all trades… Our resident expert on Indonesian food, knitting superstar and is always full of beans!

I remember my jaw dropping on my first visit to Macknade.

Coming from Indonesia with my family in the late 80’s to live in Kent, I dearly missed Indonesian food and Macknade cured my homesickness.

It was a joy to find so many foods from home: rambutan, papaya, the amazing display of fresh chillies, edoes, ginger, fresh turmeric, the list goes on! It felt like going to an Indonesian market!

Last year I was able to bring Macknade to Indonesia and posed at my daughter’s wedding in traditional attire with the ultimate accessory… a Macknade bag!

I worked for several years in a hotel in Jakarta as a Marketing Executive. I worked closely with the catering team to plan menus for hotel functions and of course, that involved numerous food & drink tastings….yum!

Joining the Macknade team feels like coming home. I am so happy to be surrounded by fantastic food and friendly colleagues.

The top five ingredients on my Macknade shopping list are...

Large Papaya (Paw-Paw) – Diced, served with a squeeze of fresh lime. An exotic breakfast!

Jalapeno & Cheese Bread – So tasty and spicy.

Cheese –  I like to try a new one from our fantastic delicatessen each time.

Dried Black Beans – An essential ingredient to make Brazilian stew “Feijoada”. One of my favourite stews using any cut of pork and chorizo, cooked in the slow cooker.

Fox’s Spices Lime & Green Chilli Chutney – Delicious with popadoms.

An interesting fact about myself is...

My husband and I love adventurous holidays. My favourite memories include backpacking across  the Alps on the “Tour Mont Blanc” crossing 3 countries: France, Switzerland and Italy, and a 50 meter high tree canopy climb in the Amazon – scary but amazing !!

My last meal would be...

BBQ fresh sea fish basted in Indonesian sambal – a sauce made from finely chopped shallots,fresh chillies,tomatoes and kecap manis (sweet soy).

My food hero is...

My late Mum. She was the one who taught me to eat adventurously and she made the best Black Forest Gateau.

Recipes I want to share...

Ayam Bumbu Kuning

This is a family recipe which I use quite often. I love it because it is very easy. You don’t have to measure the spices, just put it all in. I will however give you an idea just to get you started, then you can adjust it to your taste.

Ingredients:

• 4 chicken breasts (cubed)
  • 4 shallots
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 lemon grass
  • Fresh turmeric (about 5cm long) or 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
  • 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
  • Salt & white ground pepper to taste
  • 4 tablespoons of any cooking oil
  • A handful of coriander

Method:

Put all the turmeric, lemongrass, shallots, garlic & soy sauce in a food processor until it forms a paste. Add the oil while you blend. Rub the paste on to the chicken pieces.

Heat a little oil in the pan. Cook the chicken on a high heat for a few minutes then turn the heat right down. Put a lid on the pan and let the chicken cook slowly until tender and enjoy the aroma.

Add a handful of chopped fresh coriander and serve with jasmine rice & steamed vegetables or a salad of your  choice.

Top Tip: These spices are also very good to use as a marinade before cooking chicken on the BBQ.

continue shopping

Your Basket

Subtotal
£0.00