Welcome to Macknade Fine Foods

Macknade Fine Foods

Did you know your Internet Explorer is out of date?

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.

Just click on the icons to get to the download page

If you understand that your browser is inadequate but you still wish to view the site click here

- Macknade Fine Foods
All staff

Beatrice O’Flaherty

Beatrice has been with our café team for two years now, recently returning from some time in Dublin!

I’ve worked in the Macknade café for two years, originally as a Saturday-girl, but now full-time during my gap year. I had a brief interlude for 6 months whilst I lived and worked in Dublin but have recently returned, until I head off to study English Literature & Politics. I’m an active advocate of civil liberties and human rights and have undertaken a lot of work experience in this field. Including institutions such as Kent country Council and even the Houses of Parliament.

I’m often told I’ve probably burned away my taste buds as I eat an obscene amount of spicy food! I reckon I have an interesting palette and with a constant hankering for super-strong coffee and quirky (or smelly) cheeses, Macknade is incredibly suited to me! I’m a vegetarian and really enjoy cooking – as long as I can throw lots of chillies or curry powder in!

The top five ingredients on my Macknade shopping list are...

This is so tricky, especially as Macknade has a crazy amount of veggie-friendly produce, making it almost impossible to choose!

Stinking Bishop –  In my experience, the smelliest cheeses are the tastiest and I am yet to find one more pungent than this!

Olives – Particularly our chilli & garlic ones.

‘Me too!’ Houmous – I am not a huge houmous fan, but this is one of my favourite go-to lunches. This was the thing I missed most while in Dublin as, to my knowledge, it sadly isn’t widely stocked. I also love the very sweet & personal story written on the packaging. No spoilers though, you’ll have to read it yourself!

Chapel Down Brut Three Graces – I love our range but in my opinion you can’t beat this sparkling white wine.

Avocado – An ingredient that features in about 70% of my meals, be it breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack!

An interesting fact about myself is...

I am massively afraid of birds, otherwise known as Ornithophobia. I can’t describe why, I just know that when surrounded by a group of them I’m almost reduced to tears!

My last meal would be...

A huuuuge bowl of super cheesy nachos loaded with lots of ultra-hot salsa, homemade guacamole, fresh yoghurt, refried beans and jalapeños. Mmmm.

My food hero is...

My Dad. Ah, the clichéd parent answer, but my Dad absolutely loathes following recipes and instead makes his own. None of his meals have names so we have to refer to them instead by ingredients. He also shares my passion for spice! Lots of my friends can’t actually eat in our house as we are almost incapable of making a non-spicy dish. He’s always been quite creative in the kitchen and I’d like to think he’s inspired me to be adventurous in my cooking too.

Recipes I want to share...

Avocado Pasta – When I became a vegetarian I made this a lot, purely because it’s so quick and easy, plus amazingly tasty and healthy. You literally just mash up an avocado, squeeze in some lemon juice, a bit of salt and pepper, chop up a few spring onions and tomatoes, crush in some garlic and add any pasta you like (I particularly enjoy it with spaghetti!). Also, if you’re anything like me, you will want to cover it in Cajun pepper for a bit of heat! I prefer it served cold (even at dinner) so let your pasta cool before you add it.

continue shopping

Your Basket

Subtotal
£0.00