Welcome to Macknade Fine Foods

Macknade Fine Foods

Did you know your Internet Explorer is out of date?

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.

Just click on the icons to get to the download page

If you understand that your browser is inadequate but you still wish to view the site click here

- Macknade Fine Foods
All staff

Amber Watson

Amber, a family orientated foodie, jumped at the chance to join us in our café!

After doing my GCSE’s, I went straight to Canterbury College and completed my NVQ level 1 and 2 in hair dressing. After college, my coffee venture began and I started working in a café in a retail store. As I was there for seven and  a half years, I got the chance to work in all departments. This included working with fabrics and made to measure curtains, which I enjoyed as I love doing crafts, sewing, drawing or anything to do with art and design! After seeing the job advertised at Macknade Fine Foods, I jumped at the chance to work in such an amazing company. When I got the job I was so happy that I cried!

In my spare time I enjoy getting lost in a good book or going to the cinema. The perfect day for me is spending time with my family including my parents, boyfriend, brother, sister, five nieces and two nephews!

The top five ingredients on my Macknade shopping list are...

Dragon Fruit – I love how pretty they are and they taste amazing too!

Serrano Ham – I love putting this under the grill to have with scrambled eggs or on top of soup.

Macknade No.1 Loose Tea– This is a strong blend of tea. It wakes me up in the mornings!

Manaresi Coffee – If the tea hasn’t done the trick, this Italian coffee is a good fall back!

Walos Starnachas – This cheese tastes so good and I just love the deli’s description of it, “has the whiff of the car after the damp dog has been sat in it!” but the flavour is something else!

An interesting fact about myself is...

I was born on a leap year so I only get a birthday every 4 years. So really I’m only 6!

My last meal would be...

Starter – Paté with red onion marmalade.

Main – Steak with all the trimmings with a bottle of fruit cider.

Pudding – Cookie dough ice cream!

My food hero is...

My Mum. She makes the best cakes and amazing HUGE family meals.

Recipes I want to share...

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients

75g soft vegetable margarine

50g peanut butter

50g caster sugar

50g demerara sugar

100g plain flour

pinch of salt

Instructions

Blend margarine with peanut butter and then stir in the sugars.

Stir in the flour to make a dough.

Shape the mixture into 18 balls. Space them out onto baking trays and flatten each slightly with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern on top.

Bake each tray for about 15 minutes at 200 degrees C.

Leave to cool slightly before transferring them to a cooling rack.

Enjoy with a cup of Macknade No.1 loose tea!

continue shopping

Your Basket

Subtotal
£0.00