Our wholesale customers have been a key part of Macknade Fine Foods since the early eighties when we were based at Fir Tree Farm.
Back then we were able to grow specific crops that local restaurateurs weren’t able to get elsewhere and in turn, forged long term relationships in the fields around the farm shop that were based on a shared love of high quality, fresh produce.
Many of those early customers are still our customers today. This underlines the importance we place on our relationships with wholesale customers, as well as the quality and longevity of the businesses we are proud to serve.
Our wholesale customers now range from home based caterers and private households to pubs and fine dining restaurants. We understand that every customer has specific requirements but underpinning it all is a shared passion for food and the need for quality, consistency, support and value from their wholesaler.
Our model is unique and our trade ethos mirrors that of our premium retail offer – an ethos that is based on passion, knowledge, responsibility, ethics, sustainability and pride.
The benefits of using Macknade as your supplier are:
- Consistency of Quality and Service Delivery – We buy locally throughout the week, are in the London markets (predominantly New Covent Garden) twice per week and also have access to them every day. This means that our produce is always fresh and that we have the ability to source for individual needs.
- Value – Our pricing follows the market prices, so customers will not be tied in to set prices and we can offer price updates weekly. We are also able to advise on the best value products depending on seasonality.
- Choice – Unlike many other wholesalers, we are able to offer split cases and items by the unit. We also have one of the widest ranges of premium food and drink in the country and are able to offer much more than just fruit and vegetables. We have a huge range of produce and can source hard to find items locally and from the London markets. Many of our customers also use us for our leading range of cheese and charcuterie as well as our unusual grocery ingredients.
- Getting Close to the Product – We have strong relationships with our suppliers and producers and can pass our understanding and experience of their products onto our customers.
- Personal Service – We like to discuss how we can best support your kitchen and can organise introductions to producers, as well as other services. We also encourage chefs to visit our food hall in Faversham and sample the produce we have.
Much like the individuals who shop with us, we want to build long term relationships with our trade customers based on trust and a shared passion for produce. We want our customers to consider us as more than just suppliers, but as a critical part of their team.
become a wholesale customer
If you would like further details on how we can service your wholesale account please contact Rosie using this form…